Friday 26 February 2016

Born to run

Round 16: August 2026




Narrated by Zach.

After four years of dorm life I really enjoy my own apartment and the privacy of it. Even if I'm not the greatest cook it's still great sitting down for breakfast or lunch and not having to listen to a bunch of insane dorm mates either getting into fights or flirting with each other or me.

It's summer but there are a few courses going on so I go to the faculty at Brixton at least once a week. There's always other students to talk to or work on assignments with which is nice.

And there are always cute girls to flirt with.

Mostly I just go to the skills lab or take advantage of the library's collection of medical books.

Sometimes on my days off I stay at the campus until the bars open. I really like the new place Circus which was opened last year. I've cut down on my partying a lot but sometimes it's nice to go out and unwind.

I remember Frieda Robinson vaguely from high school. She used to have a crush on me but she was so much younger than me that I never really thought of her that way. I have to say that she's grown up very nicely.

Most nights I go home alone. It's such a hassle to take someone home with me because they'd still be here in the morning and I'd have to get rid of them gently.

I run a pretty tight budget but sometimes I like to go out for dinner before going to work. Mom and dad promised to help me with the med school tuitions but I don't expect them to pay for everything. It's nice to have financial support from my parents though because I'd rather not take a loan right now.

My job as a security guard is definitely not glamorous but it pays well so I get money to pay the rent and put food on the table. And working nights is great for my study schedule so it's pretty ideal right now. I can't wait to get to work at the hospital though because that's my ultimate goal in the long run.


Notes:
  • Title reference: Born to run by Bruce Springsteen.
  • When I loaded Zach's household he had a want to get engaged to one of the dormies he slept with before graduating. He even rolled it again after it had rolled away. Then they went on a date, he rolled the want to woohoo with her and he was done. *roll eyes* So I didn't even include the girl in the update because obviously she didn't mean that much to him after all.
  • No budding romance between Zach and Frieda, at least not yet. They just talked for a while and then moved on.

6 comments:

  1. How odd - or maybe realistic...? - that Zach didn't want to get engaged to the girl anymore as soon as he'd slept with her!
    This was a nice little update, and I hope Zach will soon get a job at the hospital.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really odd. I was so surprised when he rolled that want and then I just didn't know what to think when it rolled away. I decided not to include it in the update because it didn't make any sense.

      I will probably keep Zach as a security guard until his last year when he gets to become an intern at the hospital.

      Thanks for your comment. :)

      Delete
  2. I have to admit, I was kind of intrigued by the idea of Zach and Frieda together. I had to check her aspiration and based on that, it looks like she might be interested in something pretty casual (especially at only 18), which could suit Zach. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to admit, I'm intrigued about the idea too! Frieda's update is next on my schedule so hopefully it'll shed some light on the situation.

      Thanks for your comment. :)

      Delete
  3. Wow, that's very interesting that he lost interest after woohoo. Was it bad woohoo? LOL! Hmmm, Frieda is an interesting option so I'm curious to see what happens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It must have been a very bad woohoo, LOL! As I told Carla, Frieda's household is next on my schedule but I'm swamped with school work right now so I don't have time to play.

      Thanks for your comment. :)

      Delete