Monday 8 June 2015

The Liebster Award


I was nominated for a Liebster Award by three amazing bloggers: Carla at Sullivan, Fini at Newtopia Heights and Maisie at Millwood. This was such a lovely surprise and I thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

It's a pay-it-forward sort of thing, so nominees are supposed to nominate others in turn. These are the rules.

1. Put the award on your blog
2. Thank the blogger who nominated you
3. Nominate 5 to 11 other blogs
4. Answer the 11 questions that were asked
5. Then ask the people you nominate, 11 questions.


I think I will skip the nominations altogether because I'm quite late to this and all the blogs I follow have already been nominated.

I have three sets of questions to answer to so I'll post them in separate posts so this one post doesn't get too long. I'll answer Carla's questions here and Fini and Maisie's in their own posts.

Here goes...

1. What was your first Sims game and what version(s) do you play currently?
My first Sims game was the original The Sims 1. I have played The Sims 2 since its release and it's still my favourite. I have tried The Sims 3 and would love to try The Sims 4 but I don't think anything could tear me away from TS2.

2. Do you write outside of the game or do you only write sims-related stories?
I used to write poetry when I was younger but nowadays I only write sims-related stories.

3. Do you do anything creative, apart from writing?
I draw with pencils and also sometimes (although very rarely) paint with watercolours or acrylic paints.

4. If you could create any mod for the the game, what would it do?
Something that would enable to keep the home business money separate from the household money so that ie. buying furniture for the house wouldn't affect the business's financial balance. It's the main reason I don't really play home businesses.

5. What made you decide to start blogging about your game?
Carla! I had published some short sims stories on N99 and then I saw Carla posting about Sullivan and ended up reading her blog. I knew right away I wanted to try something similar. I had read other blogs before that and was intrigued but Sullivan was the final "kick" to get me started.

6. Are any of your sims or storylines inspired by people you know in real life?
Not really although I've gotten some tips about the teenage behaviour from my nieces. :)

7. What is your favourite thing about simming or blogging?
Seeing the progress of the hood, no matter how slowly it happens.

8. What is your least favourite thing about simming or blogging?
Ugh, probably crashing. I've had my fair share of that!

9. Do you plan your updates or just play and see what happens? Or do you do something in between?
I'm definitely something in between. Sometimes I have planned the whole update before I start playing but that's very rare. Most of the time I have some vague ideas that either end up in the update or get ditched due to something more interesting happening in game.

10. Is there any "ritual" (for want of a better word) you have to do before you sit down to play or blog? Making yourself a particular drink, turning on some music, making sure you have some quiet space?
I always read the previous update of the household that I'm about to play. That's the only ritual I really have.

11. What's one thing you've never seen in your game or done with your sims/hood that you would really like to?
I've never had a teenager run away from home and while I love that my families are so close I still would like to see it happen some day.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking the time to answer the questions, Sari!

    Oooh, your mod idea is pretty cool! I don't play home businesses but I've always wished it was easier to keep separate funds for sims (like in roomie situations, for example). There's Monique's computer but I wish there was something to make it all automated! I'm lazy, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure took me long enough to answer these questions LOL.

      Oh yes, it would be great to be able to have separate funds for roomies etc. I do it with Monique's computer but it's so tedious.

      Thanks for your comment. :)

      Delete
  2. This was interesting, and some of your answers would be mine, too. Nice to learn a bit more about you and the way you play!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's my favourite part of the award thing, getting to know fellow simmers even better.

      Thanks for your comment. :)

      Delete