Monday 13 May 2013

Daughters

Round 15: August 2024


Toby Parker is 32, Erin is 29, Naomi is 1 and Iona Fielding is 12.
(Skye is 12.)


Narrated by Toby Parker.

I've always wanted children and now I have two daughters. It's been wonderful to see Naomi grow from an infant into this 1-year-old ray of sunlight.

Iona's still on summer holiday and she's spending pretty much all her time with her BFF Skye. Erin jokes that it's like they're joined at the hip but I know she's glad that Iona has such a close friend in her cousin especially since her siblings are so much younger than she is.

She adores her little sister - well, both of them - and is more than eager to babysit. I work the nights so I'm home during the day with Naomi but it's nice to have an extra pair of eyes because Naomi's started walking and she's very quick to get into trouble now.

We celebrated Iona's 12th birthday this weekend and naturally all her loved ones were there. Greg and I aren't exactly friends but we get along pretty well. Some people find it weird that our families spend so much time together but all the bad feelings have been forgiven and forgotten. Greg is the first to admit that he was a total jerk when Iona was little and it's kind of hard to argue with that. We're all just willing to go that extra mile for Iona's sake. She deserves parents who get along.


She was really excited about the birthday party. 12 is a big age and I think she was very eager to see her gifts.

We got her a tv and Greg and Malia got her a game console and a couple of games. Erin's parents gave her a cell phone so we might actually get to use our landline again!

Iona and Erin have put the presents in good use. They both enjoy playing video games in the evenings after I've gone to work and Naomi has gone to sleep.

It's such a joy to be at home with Naomi. I took my 3 weeks of paternal leave after she was born but thanks to my work schedule I get to spend a lot of time with her every day.

It's really hard to get her to take a nap sometimes because she wants to play. If she doesn't sleep then I don't get to sleep either. Most days I manage to get her to fall asleep in her crib but sometimes we end up napping together on the sofa.

The only downside about my work schedule is that Erin and I only see each other passing by in the hall way because I have to go to work just as she gets home.

It just makes it even more special when we get to spend more than 5 minutes together. We know this crazy phase isn't going to last forever and we always get more time together on the weekends which makes it easier to bear to spend time apart during the week.

Notes:
  • Title reference: Daughters by John Mayer. 
  • Erin, Toby and the girls were supposed to live in an apartment building but I decided to bulldoze the building and build houses with similar floor plans instead. Tina and Kurt Robinson live in an identical house right next door to Erin and Toby.
  • Erin and Toby both have the want for another baby so it's definitely going to happen at some point. I just think they're the kind of couple who'd want to wait for a little while before trying for a baby again. 

10 comments:

  1. Wow - Iona looks VERY grown-up for a 12-year-old!
    Would love to see a bit more of the house, it looks very nice from what I can see.
    Lovely picture of the two of them napping together! Sadly, that's (to my knowledge) only possible with a hack, isn't it? Therefore, I'll never see such a cosy scene in my game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess Iona does look quite grown-up but there really aren't many clothes with fat morphs for tweenagers.

      I don't see poseboxes as hacks since they don't affect gameplay but you're right, the napping picture can't be done without custom content.

      Thanks for reading. :)

      Delete
  2. Aww, I adore the napping scene as well. Their house looks cute, I love the decor and color choices, can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved how the napping picture turned out. I downloaded a bunch of new poseboxes (well, new to me) and I've been waiting to use them for some time now.

      I'll take pictures of the house next time I play and post a tour.

      Thanks for reading. :)

      Delete
  3. That napping scene is really adorable!
    I really like their house, and wouldn't mind seeing more of it :) Your houses always look so bright and spacious!

    Seeing Naomi I wouldn't mind if these 2 had more kids, but it's nice they are taking the time to enjoy this little one before adding to their family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Erin wants to take the time to enjoy Naomi but also to make sure that Iona doesn't feel left out. But I can almost guarantee that baby #2 is somewhere in their near future.

      Thanks for reading. :)

      Delete
  4. Aw, Toby is such a great daddy! Every picture of him with Naomi was just so precious. Adorable!

    It's sweet that Iona is so fond of her little sisters too. I think it can be an awkward age to suddenly find yourself no longer an only child, so I'm glad she's taken to it so well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked the fact that Toby got to spend so much time with Naomi and that was the main reason I wrote the update from his POV.

      I think that puberty hasn't really hit Iona with its full force yet. I just hope she continues to be the sweet girl she is now.

      Thanks for reading. :)

      Delete
  5. I can't believe that Iona is so big now! She's adorable, and I'm glad that both of her parents get along well now and put her best interest first. Naomi is darling, and I'm glad that they aren't finished having babies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It feels really weird that Iona's a teenager already because I still see Erin as a 20-something girl and she's almost 30 now! Everything's going really well for each of them now, I hope it continues to go that way.

      Thanks for reading. :)

      Delete