Monday 21 June 2010

Arms around your love

Round 12: Spring 2018


Janie Greene is 24, Danny Cooper is 22 and Bridget Greene-Cooper is 3 months.


Narrated by Janie Greene

Danny was put on academic probation last year because he got such poor grades on all his exams. He was already considering dropping out and getting a job but I suggested that maybe he should consider changing his major instead. I've never really understood why he chose art history in the first place. He's much more interested in commercial art and has been talking about wanting a career in graphic design after graduation.

He took my advice and talked to his professor who thought it was a good idea. I don't think I've ever seen him so motivated. It's like he has found his true calling. He really worked his butt off to pass all his exams and was able to start his senior year.

I'm so glad that I don't have to worry about assignments and termpapers anymore. Taking care of Bridget is my full-time job right now.

I've never really taken care of babies before so it's all very new to me. I have borrowed tons of baby books from the library and I also call my mom quite often for advice.

We were both terrified when we learned that I was pregnant but I think we're doing fine. Danny helps a lot, even with the smelly stuff. We've settled nicely into our new roles as parents.

I remember how suspicious I used to be about Liv but we're practically friends now. I know she and Danny have been friends since they were kids so it's only natural that she comes over quite often. I don't think she has many friends, a lot of the girls find her a bit intimidating because she can be brutally honest sometimes. I kind of like her though.

It's hard to get a babysitter on campus so we haven't gotten out of the house much. We decided to throw a barbeque party just to unwind before Danny takes his final exams for this semester. We invited our sisters and brothers and their significant others. They left their kids with the grandparents because there's not enough room for everyone in our tiny house. Even now it was bursting at seams.

I'm so glad to see that everyone gets along so well. We're all in different places in our lives but it's nice to get together and hear what's going on with everyone.

Danny's little brother Josh asked me whether I could get him a part-time job at the firm. I told him that I will definitely consider it but he'll have to go through the official route and send an application. Apparently Cal and Elissa have told him that if he wants to go out on outings or dates he'll have to pay for them himself. I think that's a great attitude.

Charlie and Brooke only had eyes for each other. They got back together last year and she moved in with him almost immediately. They're still going through that phase where they can't keep their hands off of each other. I had to order them to join us for hot dogs because they just kept making out in our front yard.

I like all of Danny's brothers. Ben and I had a long conversation about which toys are suitable for kids. Dixie seemed really interested and it made me wonder if she has some news for us.

She didn't say anything so I guess she was just listening so that she would know what toys to buy in the distant future when she has kids of her own.

I've started worrying whenever Danny has an exam so he recruited Liv and Millie to keep me company. I know he's been studying but I was still a bit nervous.

I didn't have to worry. He passed the exam and now he only has one semester left in college. I can't wait to move back to Wellington and live closer to our families.

Grades, year 2018
Danny: C+ and C+, GPA 3.0, art (graphic design)

Notes:
  • Title from "Arms around your love" by Chris Cornell
  • I changed Danny's major from history to art and now it seems that he might graduate after all. I don't know why I chose history for him because I've thought about putting him on the graphic design career since he was a teenager!
  • I'm so glad that Bridget will be a toddler the next time I play this household. Babies are so boring! ;)

4 comments:

  1. Hmm, I wonder if Dixie has news as well. I like the tablecloth on their picnic table outside, it's so bright and cheery. Babies can be boring, but at least you can put them down and let them be without worrying about the state of the toliets :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I'm impressed that Danny has turned around with his studies! He just needed to find something he was truly passionate about! Once my Sims get on academic probation, I pretty much start preparing myself for the fact that they're probably going to flunk out!

    I can't wait to see Bridget as a toddler.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant idea to switch majors! It never crossed my mind, and even more awesome that it seemed to motivate Danny. Here's hoping he graduates this upcoming semester and they can get moving. Are they going to be buying a home?

    It was great to see all the families together, and now you have my interest peaked to see if Dixie has some of her own news to share!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comments :)

    Apple Valley, Dixie and Tom update is scheduled for the spring too so you don't have to wait much longer to see what's going on with them.

    I downloaded the tablecloth just couple of days ago and I love it. Expect to see it in almost every household from now on ;)

    Carla, Danny has done an incredible work. I was sure he would flunk out but he managed to pull himself through.

    Maisie, eventually I'd like them to own a house but they might move into an apartment while I build new houses.

    Ha, I made a cliffhanger! As I told Apple Valley, the Greene-Patterson household is scheduled for the spring so you don't have to wait long :)

    ReplyDelete