Monday 15 March 2010

Wellington Gazette, Autumn 2016

by Brooke Harper


Deacon Burrows was elected the first Governor of Wellington, his 4 year term will start in the beginning of year 2017. Burrows, 51, is the CEO of MK Ultra Ltd. and also sits on the executives table in many global companies. He will collect the taxes and handle the distribution of government funds for schools, community development projects as well as any future charity projects. Burrows will decide on the future development of the city's public constructions in co-operation with the mayor and the city council.

Mayor Ryland Whitfield is very content with the result of the election. "We need a strong hand leading Wellington into the future. Mr Burrows' knowledge of economics and his work history in the business world are phenomenal and we couldn't have asked for a better Governor."

Deacon Burrows starts his first 4-year term in the Winter 2017.

Notes:
  • Deacon is the governor for now and will handle all tax money, college tuitions etc. I'm gonna do the taxes following Laura's tutorial, found here. I probably won't write an actual update about it though. Anyways I thought who could be a better person to handle the town's finances than the local business tycoon.
  • The Gazette might just be a one time thing. I just wanted to try something new. Who knows, maybe I'll announce some Wellington news this way in the future. I'll definitely continue to do the birthdays like I've done so far but the newspaper might be a good media to announce new businesses etc.

6 comments:

  1. I love the look of the newspaper, so classic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for Deacon!

    Wellington, I do my taxes similar to Lakeside Heights. I also have a tax return form that I use to calculate taxes. If you want, check it out on my city's blog. Because I also factor in taxes for townies, my calculation is a bit complex, but the form is so easy to use. The way I have it set up, you only have to plug it a few numbers and the form does the math for you.
    Enjoy! http://laurelcrossing.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am LOVING the look of your Gazette! Wow, congrats Deacon! Seems like he's perfect for the job.

    *looks around* I need to get caught up on the happenings here at Wellington.

    Btw, I use LaToya's tax form, really simple and easy, so next time my tax rotation comes around, all I'll have to do is plug in the numbers. It will save me some extra hours, I know that. Thanks so much, LaToya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The newspaper looks great!

    I think Deacon is a great choice for governor. I drew up my list of candidates the other day and one of my business tycoons is on there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for reading, everyone :)

    Apple Valley, thanks. I wanted it to look a bit old-fashioned.

    LaToya, I have a small file for handling taxes that I made for my last tax collection but I'll definitely check out your file anyway. I tried to read your post about the taxation but it's too early for me to understand anything about it LOL.

    Simmington, I thank you on Deacon's behalf :) I'm glad you like the news paper, I kept editing and editing until I was happy with it.

    I need to get caught up on Simmington Hills and many other blogs. I've been so focused on Wellington lately that I've fallen behind on most of the blogs I'm following.

    Carla, thanks. At first I considered setting up a poll so readers could vote but then I had already kind of decided that Deacon would be the governor. Maybe we'll get a real election next time. Are you gonna choose the next governor yourself or are you gonna set up a poll for your readers?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm planning on doing a poll! Mainly because I can't decide - Athena will run again but there will be four other candidates (unless I cut a couple of them, which I still might).

    ReplyDelete