Monday 17 June 2013

Walk away

Round 15: September 2024


(Finn is 19.)


Narrated by Josh Cooper.

Things have been going really well with Lilly but I just feel restless sometimes. There's a part of me that wonders if this is all that life has to offer for me. I love Lilly but the idea of being with just one person all my life - it just doesn't feel right anymore.

There's this really cute girl living in our dorm. Her name's Madison and I could've sworn she was interested in me. One day during Lilly's lectures I made a move on Madison but she turned me down. I felt really embarrassed and asked her not to tell Lilly. She said she wouldn't.

The next day I was at the faculty sketching out something for my portfolio when someone tapped me on my shoulder. It was Madison. She said she wanted to explain why she had turned me down the day before.

"I know you and Lilly have been together for years and I really don't want to step on anyone's toes. But I would be lying if I said I wasn't interested."

She also told me that she's sort of seeing someone who lives in our dorm as well. It's all very complicated but I really want to be with her. It's all so new and exciting.

That night Madison told her boyfriend - Elliott is his name - that she wanted to break up. She might be a bit wild but she's quite honest as well so she doesn't want to sneak behind anyone's back.

I felt like I had to be just as honest so I told Lilly that lately I've been thinking that maybe we should see other people as well. I said I don't want to break up - I only want a break from us for a little while. I just feel that I'm too young to settle down yet. I thought she might appreciate my honesty but she didn't really look that way when I had finished talking.

She turned her back on me, walked around the room and then took a deep breath and turned to face me again.

"Fine. Go and see other people. Don't expect me to just wait around for you to come back though. And FYI, I want to break up. I don't want a boyfriend who wants to sleep around and then expects me to welcome him back with open arms."

It didn't go at all like I had planned or like I wanted. She didn't even look very sad - it was like she had just been waiting for this to happen and didn't care at all.

I've been spending a lot of time at the faculty ever since. Madison majors in Ceramics and Sculpture so we see each other all the time. We're not officially dating and I don't know if I even want to. She's fun to be with but seeing I just got out of a relationship I'm not very keen to start a new one.

Finn called me the other day and asked me out to Lion's Roar for a couple of beers. Obviously he knew already about the break-up because Dawn is Lilly's best friend. I asked if Dawn had said anything about me.

"I'd rather not repeat what she said, mate. She's not very fond of you right now, that's all I can say."

I can't say that I'm surprised. I know Lilly and Dawn are really close and they're always there for each other. I just hope this doesn't affect my friendship with Finn in the long run.

I'm trying to be as discrete as possible so I just had to turn Madison down when she tried to kiss me at the dorm just as Lilly got back from her lectures. I don't want to hurt Lilly's feelings more than I already have.

Unfortunately I learned that Lilly doesn't feel the same way when I walked to the dorm cafeteria. She was kissing none other than Madison's ex-boyfriend Elliott!

I know it's really selfish and childish of me to be upset but I didn't expect Lilly to find someone new so quickly.

Seeing Lilly with someone else felt like a stab in the chest. Now I'm thinking maybe it was a big mistake breaking up with her.

Grades, autumn semester 2024:
- Zach, pre-medicine (physics), B+, GPA 3.6
- Josh, photography (art), B+, GPA 3.6
- Lilly, literature/education, A+, GPA 4.0

Notes:
  • Title reference: Walk away by Ben Harper.
  • The whole break-up thing was completely initiated by game play. Josh and Lilly didn't really roll wants for each other in the beginning of the session and then he started rolling wants for Madison and also generic romance sim wants (make out with 3 sims, woohoo with 3 sims etc.). Only the break-up pictures are staged, all other pics of the love triangle between Josh, Lilly and Madison happened autonomously.
  • Josh is giving very mixed signals though. The first flirt with Madison was autonomous (via ACR) and he's never done that before. However after Lilly broke up with him, he rolled the want to fall in love with her while he was on a date with Madison! And he did turn her down when she tried to kiss him at the dorm. So I'm guessing this might not be the end of Josh and Lilly just yet. It'll be really interesting to see what happens next time I play this household.
  • Unfortunately all this Josh/Lilly relationship drama meant that Zach was completely left out of the update. Let's just say that he's definitely not wanting a relationship with the cute girl he met last update. Oh well, I'll just let him do what he wants.
  • All this drama also meant that I didn't get to use the Faculty of Arts building in as many pics as I had planned.

10 comments:

  1. Hmmm, although I can see why Josh was getting a little anxious about settling down at such a young age, I can't blame Lilly for reacting the way she did. But at least he told her, instead of going off and cheating.

    But wow, so she's moving on, I guess? Or she's trying to make Josh jealous, perhaps? It seems a bit convenient that it was with Elliott but then, she doesn't really know about Madison, does she?

    It's going to be a very interesting college update next time around!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Josh did the right thing being honest and not going around behind Lilly's back. But I also understand that she finds it very hard to appreciate his honesty right now.

      Lilly and Elliott's thing has "rebound" written all over it. I think you're onto something saying that she's probably trying to make Josh jealous. I don't really see it going anywhere because it was so sudden but who knows. Lilly doesn't really know about Madison. Josh only said he wanted to see other people, not that he was sort of seeing someone already.

      I can't wait to play this household again!

      Thanks for reading. :)

      Delete
  2. Well, the grass isn't always greener on the other side and if it is, it's often fertilized with manure :) I guess Josh found that out the ard way. I wonder how Madison will respond now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, Josh learned the hard way that grass definitely isn't always greener on the other side. He has very mixed feelings now and I think it would be very hard for him to get Lilly back - at least for now. She tries to play it cool but she's probably fuming on the inside. It's going to be interesting - to say the least - to play them the next time.

      Thanks for reading. :)

      Delete
  3. Isn't it fascinating how our Sims sometimes decide on their own what direction gameplay is going to take?
    It'll be interesting to see how things develop for the triangle in the future!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually listen to my sims and almost everything in my game story-wise is based on my sims wants. It's nice when they provide all the drama and I can sit back and enjoy, lol.

      Thanks for reading. :)

      Delete
  4. Oh man Josh, he should have just waited, instead of jumping ship because he started feeling attracted to someone else. It seems that he has some second thoughts on that, wanting Lilly back so quickly. I can see why Lilly would dump him though, "I want permission to fool around, and still have the option to come back." Um. no.

    I just hope that Lilly is being safe and smart about Elliot, and isn't just doing these things in a whirl of hurt and vengeance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Josh let his hormones lead him into a situation where he really doesn't know what to do. The guy barely knows what he wants at this point. I really didn't see Lilly giving him the chance to do whatever he wants while she waits for him to come back. She has too much self-esteem to be a doormat.

      Lilly has a good head on her shoulders, hopefully in the future as well. It'll be interesting to see what's going to happen between her and Elliot. As I said to Carla, I find it hard to believe that it would be more than a rebound thing for either of them but you never know.

      Thanks for reading. :)

      Delete
  5. I really wasn't expecting a break up!
    I do understand that Josh was feeling the way he did, but he might have rushed into things a little bit too fast! Especially seeing it seems that he's already regretting things.

    I hope that Lilly doesn't rush into things as well with Elliot. It would be really hard on her if she would get hurt twice on a short period.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really wasn't expecting a break up either when I started playing the household.

      Josh was clearly not thinking with his head but with another part of his anatomy when he suggested the whole "open relationship" thing to Lilly. The grass ain't always greener on the other side and Josh has just come to realize that.

      Lilly's usually a smart girl, I think the whole thing with Elliot is more about showing Josh that two can play that game than actually wanting to date someone.

      Thanks for reading. :)

      Delete