Sunday 31 July 2011

The Greene-Patterson wedding



Tom Patterson is 29 and Dixie Greene is 28.

The guests are getting ready for the ceremony. The weather has been quite warm and the church is well heated so everyone is quite comfortable in their formal wear.

Dixie wanted a small wedding and has chosen a very simple gown and subtle makeup.

They exchange their vows and the rings. The ceremony is short but sweet.

Everyone applauds as they take their first steps as husband and wife.

Janie finally let Bridget stand on the aisle the whole time after she had tried and tried to get her daughter to sit down. Bridget refused because she wanted to see everything!

Dixie and Tom pose for a picture at the altar and then the official part of the party is over. Everyone starts making their way to the reception hall.

Guests gather around the happy couple to congratulate them. Dixie's parents are over the moon with joy. They couldn't be prouder of their daughter or happier for her and Tom.

It's time to cut the beautiful wedding cake. Dixie is a neat freak so she would never stuff the cake down Tom's throat.

Instead they sit down and enjoy the cake.

Guests join them. Bridget has never met some of the guests so she goes around the room and asks everyone their names.

Dixie's father Alexander gives a nice toast to the newlyweds. Everyone joins in the toast except Mia and Bridget who are too young to drink. They're getting a bit bored with the party already.

Dixie and Tom are ready to leave the party. They will spend the night in a hotel but they'll go on a real honeymoon later this year. Dixie hugs her flower girls before they leave.

"Thank you for making our day so special" she says to Bridget.

Extras:

Ok, time for the official wedding pictures.

The happy couple.

Tom and Dixie with her parents Bobbie and Alexander.

Dixie with her parents.

The beautiful bride.

The newlyweds with the wedding party, bridesmaids Patsy and Janie, groomsmen Charlie and Thomas and flower girls Bridget and Mia.

Tom and Dixie with the flower girls.

Dixie with her bridesmaids.

Tom with his groomsmen.

Dixie with her siblings.

The flower girls.

Notes:
  • I'm very pleased with how this wedding turned out. Tom's favorite color is light blue and Dixie's is purple so I used those colors. I think Dixie's wedding dress really suited her, it's traditional and very simple design. I thought the wedding invitation would be a nice touch, I'll probably do this for all future weddings. I used a sample from Wedding Paper Divas for the invitation.
  • I need to do some changes in the church though. The first pews are apparently too close to the wedding arch so sims wouldn't sit there as you can see from the pictures.
  • I was amazed how smoothly my game was running the whole time even though I had 14 sims selectable. No lagging at all!
  • I have no birthdays for spring so we'll go straight to the university updates next. However my summer vacation's over and I'm going back to work tomorrow so updates might come very irregularly from now on (not that they've been very regular anyway).

17 comments:

  1. The wedding was very nice and simple. I loved it and Dixie made a beautiful bride :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apple Valley, I'm glad you liked it. I think Dixie really looked her best.

    Thanks for reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The invitation was a really nice way to introduce this stunning wedding! I think I'm going to be playing around with that site today, lol.

    Tom and Dixie's favourite colours worked really well together and the pink in Tom's tie sort of ties both colours together a bit. I have Dixie's dress somewhere in my downloads folder but I haven't used it for a long time - I still love it though and it's beautiful on Dixie.

    I loved Bridget at the wedding, going around introducing herself! She's going to be a lot of fun as she gets older. And I love that last picture with her and Mia. So sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the invitation, very nice! I also have Dixie's dress but I can't remember the last time I used it. I think my Amanda Gray may have worn it.......it's a gorgeous dress and perfect for more traditional sims :) Bridget is totally adorable, definitely not a shy child is she? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carla, I have to warn you, that site is addictive. I must have spent at least an hour just ooh'ing and aww'ing at the different types of invitations ;)

    I was very happy with the colors. I recolored the bridesmaids dresses and the table cloths myself to get the perfect shades. I love Dixie's dress. I looked at so many wedding dresses and none of them seemed right for her until I found this one.

    Bridget's a very outgoing girl so I'm sure she's gonna be fun to play when she ages. I'm such a sucker for the kids hug animation, it's so sweet.

    Thanks for reading. :)

    Mizzgin03, I'm glad you liked the invitation, it was fun to do.

    I went for a traditional theme for the wedding and I think that dress was perfect for Dixie.

    Bridget's definitely not shy, I think she has 9 outgoing points! I bet she'll be fun to play as a teenager.

    Thanks for reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful wedding! Everyone looks so lovely all dressed up. I think you picked out the clothing well as everyone matches without it being bland.

    I agree with the others, the invitation was a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the invitation! It was a beautiful wedding and Dixie looks so pretty in her dress. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful wedding. I love seeing the large array of redheads too. The invitation was definitely a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautifull wedding! And Dixie makes a very pretty bride. I love her dress!
    Their 2 favourite colors work well together :)

    The church looks great though, I love the intirior with those stone walls!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Driftwood Valley, I like seeing my sims in their formal suits and dresses. I'm glad you liked my outfit choices, I actually spent a good time downloading and selecting the formal wear for everyone.

    Thanks for reading. :)

    Pinehollow, the invitation was fun to do. And I agree, Dixie looked lovely.

    Thanks for reading. :)

    Choco, oh yes, I went a bit overboard with the redheads when I created Wellington. I'm glad you like the invitation, I plan to do it for future weddings as well.

    Thanks for reading. :)

    Tanja, I was glad when I rolled purple and light blue for Dixie and Tom's favorite colors because I knew they would look good together.

    I'm glad you like the church. I wanted to give it an "old" feeling. Many old churches in Finland have stone walls inside as well. (I'm a real sucker for old churches despite of not being religious at all ;))

    Thanks for reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The invitation was a beautiful touch, and the wedding was very simple but beautiful. Everyone looks great. I am so jealous of your building skills; if I build it from scratch, it will be a box. I'm much better at gutting existing buildings and retooling them for my purposes.

    -Fini
    http://nh.infinitynevermore.net

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fini, thank you. :)

    I think building just takes a lot of practice! Most of the lots I built in the beginning of Wellington were boxes but I'm slowly making them over. It is easier to start with an existing building though.

    Thanks for reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely wedding post! I like how you incorporated both the bride and grooms favorites into the wedding color scheme.

    I think that I commented on the church that you built before, but I have to say again that it's a great lot. I also agree with all that have said that the wedding invitation was a very nice touch. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous wedding!! And I love the invitation idea. That is genius. Your sims looked absolutely beautiful. I especially liked the bride's dress, and your default skintones are so smooth and pretty. The posed pictures are very well done. I especially like the bride and groom's pose in the picture with Dixie's parents.

    ReplyDelete
  15. serin, luckily Dixie and Tom's favorite colors match so well with each other, otherwise I would've just used her favorite color.

    I'm really happy with how the church turned out so I'm glad you like it too.

    Thanks for reading. :)

    fortuneshores, I love my default replacement skintone set, it really is gorgeous and makes all my sims look pretty. I'm glad you liked the wedding, I did too ;)

    Thanks for reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful wedding! Loved the colors, too and Dixie's mom's dress. I can't wait to have my first wedding. I have no idea where it's going to be held, though LOL. Your church made for lovely pics during the ceremony and the reception.

    Yay! I'm almost caught up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Danielle, it was nice that Dixie and Tom's favorite colors matched so well so I could use them both. If you want to have an outdoors wedding then I suggest downloading Carla's Benton Park.

    Wow, I'm impressed by the speed you're reading. Not much more to go before you're all caught up!

    Thanks for reading. :)

    ReplyDelete